To successfully transfer your domain name to Switem, you need to ensure the following before you initiate a transfer:
- Your domain was not registered or transferred to another registrar in the last 60 days.
- Your domain name is not Locked or its status is not On Hold by your current registrar
- You have disabled any Whois Privacy protection that might have been implemented for your domain
- You have access to the email address listed for the domain’s registrant and administrative contact in the WHOIS database. Do note that some registrars may reject a transfer request for 60 days if you make changes to your registrant’s contact details, so confirm details from their Support team before updating the email address. You may be able to prevent the transfer delay if the contact person whose email is on record can be available to handle the transfer confirmation request sent via email.
- You have obtained the domain’s EPP code (Transfer authorisation code) from your current domain registrar
Once all of the above are in place, you may start the Transfer process.
- Visit Transfer Domain Site (https://clienthub.switemtech.com/cart.php?a=add&domain=transfer). Enter the domain you want to transfer e.g. ilovedancing.comin the field provided, and click Check Availability. For first time customers/visitors, remember to select your desired currency from the list of flags or currencies shown on the right corner of the page. The currency you choose will determine the currency you would always make payments in once your account is created.
- Follow the necessary steps required (Enter EPP code, account creation or login etc) and checkout using your preferred payment method. Remember to apply any applicable coupon you have during the checkout process.
- The transfer process would be initiated after payment confirmation.
- An Initial Authorisation for Registrar Transfer request will be sent to the registrant’s/administrative email. Kindly check the email’s inbox and Spam folders to ensure that the transfer request is received and confirmed within five days of receiving the email. If the domain is not confirmed within five days, the request will be assumed to be rejected.
- Please note that the transfer process takes about Five to Ten (5 to 10) working days to complete as your current domain registrar is expected to accept or deny the request within that period. If you do not receive an email within 24 hours of initiating the transfer process, kindly contact our support team